Welcome to Saving money for a rainy day and you can too!

I have recently discovered the wonderful world of couponing and saving money. I am saving so much money and having fun doing it too. I wanted to share this with all of you since we are in such tough economic times right now. I hope that you will enjoy this blog and will find enjoyment in saving money and giving to others like I have. If you are interested, please become a follower and leave comments.

Thanks and God Bless!

Thursday, April 08, 2010

Publix savings 4/7

I want to introduce you to the amount of money you can save so I am sharing my latest Publix trip. This last trip was a little more than normal because I bought alot of fruits and veggies and had to get frozen chicken (I was all out and couldn't wait another week). Also, we bought a $50 BP card because there was a $10 off coupon, so $40 of my total is for the gas card.
Here's what I bought:

2 2L bottles 7UP BOGO $1.79
used 2 $1/1 coupon
(made this item free plus overage)

Publix milk $3.09

Publix boneless chicken $6.99

6 Gatorades $6
Used B4G2 Free coupon

2 bags Doritos
used $1/2 Harvey's coupon

Green Giant frozen veggies $1
used $.40/1 coupon from 2-28-10 SS

Scotties tissue $1.25
used $1/1 coupon (when you sign up, answer no)

Soft scrub kitchen $2.50
used $2/1 coupon (sign up and click on member exclusive offers)

Celery $1.49

Squash zucchini $.91

Premium tomato $3.68

Mushrooms sliced $1.50

Oranges Navel $1.95

Bananas $.50

Apple Red delicious $1.63

Onions sweet $1.35

2 loaves Publix whole wheat bread $3.00

BP Gas Card $50
Used $10 off coupon from publix weekly ad

Used 2 $5/$25 Family Dollar purchase

Order Total $62.46

Total Savings $43.31


PS. If you are confused about the lingo, see this post about coupon basics.




No comments:

Post a Comment